Friday, October 19, 2012

Moisturizing Pumpkin Facial Mask


Since the end of September I have seen pumpkins all around me because I frequent the grocery store so much. I got to thinking Hmm, I wonder if pumpkins would make a good facial mask somehow? I did some research (aka googling) and found out that pumpkins are actually good for the skin.




Pumpkin Pros (source)
  • High in zinc.
  • Contains vitamins A & C, which are anti-oxidants that fight free radicals. 
  • Has natural enzymes that help to dissolve dry skin cells. 
  • Contains the acne fighting vitamins E &T.

Pumpkin Facial Mask Recipe (source)
  • 1 Small pumpkin
  • 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil (great for moisture)
Directions: Cut pumpkin into chunks, remove the insides, and boil pieces until soft.
Remove the skin and mash pumpkin chunks together until creamy.
Let mixture cool.
In a separate bowl/dish, take 2 teaspoons of mashed pumpkin and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Mix ingredients together very well. 

How to Apply the Mask
  • Cleanse your skin with your choice of facial cleanser.
  • Apply pumpkin mask to skin and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. 
  • Remove with a damp towel and apply your usual moisturizer. 

 My Thoughts
This was my first time making and using this mask and I love it! My skin looked brighter and felt very smooth. You can use this once everyday or every other day. Too bad pumpkin season isn't year round. I put my leftover pumpkin mash in the freezer until I need to use it again, so it won't spoil.

4 comments:

  1. You will love to use the moisturizing pumpkin facial mask. The post is very useful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...interesting. I wanna try this one out. I love making my own scrubs or mask so I'll definitely try out this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the moisturizing pumpkin facial mask shown here is excellent. Useful post

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks and I will share this with my friends. Recommend others to visit the blog and give your link . Awesome.

    ReplyDelete